My World travels for free

Where to start? I suppose in the words of Lao Tzu, “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step” seems an appropriate phrase to go forward with.

I've always enjoyed travel and in my chosen profession as a Civil and Structural Engineer I have for the major part of thirty years been very privileged to have had all my employers send me to far flung places around the globe. Thus I've seen the world for free so to speak. I find this rather extraordinary and I would say that every moment has been a wonderful experience.

My travels include visits to all continents of the globe except Antarctica. I've been to some remote and dangerous wor-torn places as well as some of the safest regions and experienced temperatures from -30C to +45C. Usually on short visits I've seen more of the inside of a taxi or hotel room but on longer trips I've managed whole weekends and more of sight-seeing.

My current location is Yokohama, Japan. I've been living and working in Japan for the best part of a year now and in my subsequent blogs I will expand on this fascinating archipelago of islands.

Comments

Popular Posts