Into 2010


Out with the old and in with the new, I somehow get the feeling that 2010 will be a special year in many ways. Certain small signs so far have given me added impetus to get 'involved' in new things, maybe new hobbies and continue to broaden my horizons. My hunger to gain new knowledge is ever greater and I am ever so thankful that I live in the 'internet' age. As a young boy in my native place of birth in Nairobi, Kenya I could never have imagined that so many changes and advances would take place in so few years and it seems the curve continues to grow exponentially.
I'm trying not to sit back as now that the children are off my hands on a day to day basis it is all to easy to become cocooned in my cosy armchair environment and let the world carry on regardless. But as I am a persistent worrier I need to fill my mind with problems to solve.
Today was an excellent day of R & R interspersed with some experimentation on the camera as well as getting to grips with two new songs on guitar, patience by Guns n' Roses and Creep by Radiohead. If there are two bands that should be top of anybodies list these two surely deserve the most acclaim.
I also came across a rather interesting History website Timelines.TV. At school History was always a drab and boring affair but websites like this fully laden with TV presentations are an excellent way of making this subject come alive.
Alas the vacation has come to an end and it's back to work again tomorrow. Fortunately it's not the mother of all Mondays but a Tuesday.....
Comments
Post a Comment